Freddie Gomez

immersion Weather Cycle

Weather Cycle   9 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Should the weather cycle be enabled so we get a realistic environmental selection of Sunny, Cloudy, Rain, Storms and fog.

• Hell yes, I want unpredictable weather for full immersion and to keep me on my toes.
    • Nah, I got plenty of sunscreen and boonie hats to go around.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

Are you tired of having to wear sunscreen 24/7? Those round boonie hats all the time? Want to get out of the shade and experience more in life? Well i have the topic for you.

The weather cycle can be one of the most important things in Arma3 exile. Simply put, the game is more alive and more immersive. Situations changing because of the weather, fog might creep up on you in the jungle and give you more cover or blanket your enemies. Storms roll in from above giving you the play card of being able to make more noise without being caught. Rain pisses down allowing you do hectic drifts to escape your bandit pursuers.

Let your vote determine how alive the server can be. 

fog.jpg

Edited by NinjahGlitch
1 person likes this

Im all for changing weather and junk like that. Makes the game awesome. Just if it impacts server performance fps etc then no. 

2 hours ago, generalpatton666 said:

Im all for changing weather and junk like that. Makes the game awesome. Just if it impacts server performance fps etc then no. 

Honestly I completely agree, from what I was able to experience when it was activated for a little while previously, my friends & I were getting a consistant 45fps.

Yea i usually get 40+ but for some reason sometimes it takes a dump n drops under 30 for me thats almost unplayable. But i heard they were looking at changing their server hardware so hope that gives more stable performance. TBH id still play with 10 fps because the server is awesome

1 person likes this

Hi all,

We're looking into the weather issues.

Ultimately we'd love to have realistic environments going on but since the last exile/arma update having weather chews into server performance.

Some clients get a boost to fps, others tank. Regardless of what your client is doing, the server side performance dies, and that in turn affects ai behavior.

As soon as we figure out what is doing it we'll update the server, but I can't give you a time frame on that.

I for one love the tropical atmosphere, and think it adds a lot to the ebb and flow of combat.

If you're a fan of the frankieonpcin1080p videos, he had a few where there were zombie hordes at night in the fog.

We're looking to have an additional small pop server on a small map and build a similar experience to that.

Anyway, that's a topic for another time. We'll let you all know how we go with this issue.

1 person likes this