midnightrain

Fastest internet

10 posts in this topic

Thats crazy speed. Here in australia we will never ever see anything close to that. I have nbn only the 25mb and streaming is the only thing its good for

Actually at most universities they have 10Gbs fibre as standard. If you're a student you're not going to see it by the time it gets to you of course.

Several ISPs are now offering 400Mbs plans, with 1Gbps to be available 'soon'

1 person likes this

You pay the same in New Zealand for 1 gig downloads as you do for 10mb download for a private house - just $100 a month. It's annoying me because we could actually get fibre with 100mb download for $10 cheaper, but our neighbours suck and haven't done the consent form for the lines to be laid.

1 person likes this

I've got the 100/40 NBN connection (as far as I'm aware same quality connection as the Crimson server itself) and it's amazing. Our router sucks though

1 person likes this

Technically there are 3 100/40 nbn connections available to feed the server, but we're only using one. By June-ish next year the servers will be located in a local data centre and be on 400/400 or 1g, or 10g, depending on what is on offer.

2 people like this

This is from my work laptop, which only has a 1 gig nic, I'll just leave this here.

image004.jpg

Thanks for making me feel worse about my crappy internet speed dude.